To submit a “Project Initiation Form” (PIF), go to the WebTMA “Landing Page”:
On the “Landing Page”, click the “Project Initiation Form” (PIF) button:
You will next see the “Submit a Project Initiation Form (PIF)” page. The fields circled in red are required. Directions for completing the PIF follow the screenshots.
Directions for Completing the PIF:
- Enter your First and Last name in the “First & Last Name” field. (Required)
- Enter your 10-digit phone number in the “Phone” field in case a call back is needed for more details, location or scheduling. (Required)
- Enter your email address in the “Email” field. This is required to receive status notifications of the requested work. (Required)
- Select the Requester’s “Department” from the drop-down. This will default to “No Department” if no selection is made.
- If the person submitting the Project Initiation Form is other than the Project Contact, enter the appropriate information in the “Project Requester” fields for “First & Last Name”, “Phone”, and “Email”.
- Select the “Facility” type from the drop-down under “Project Location”. For example, select “UCSB Parking Facilities” for work related to Parking Lots. This will default to “Main Campus” if no selection is made. (Required)
- Select the “Building” from the drop-down. This drop-down is updated according to your selection from the “Facility” drop-down. For example, if you selected “UCSB Parking Facilities” for “Facility” then the “Building” drop-down will include only parking lots and parking lots that are combined with buildings. (Required)
Note: Most Buildings have a “Name” and a “Number” as in “Facilities Management – 437”. You can begin typing the Building name and it should appear in the drop-down.
- Select the “Area” from the drop-down when applicable. This drop-down is updated according to your selection from the “Building” drop-down. For example, if you selected “Parking II Facility (Lot 10)” for “Building” then the “Area” drop-down will include rooms, parking lots, elevators and stairwells for the parking Lot 10 structure.
Note: Most Rooms that appear in the “Area” drop-down use the first digit is the “Floor” of the room. For example, “2520” is Room “520” on the Second Floor.
Note: Rooms have a room “Number” and a room “Type” as in “1110, PT-Restroom”.
- Under the heading “Check Project Request Type” (right-side top), click to check as many as are applicable to your project request.
- Enter your project request description in the “Project Description” field, up to 4000 characters. Please be as specific as possible in order to help us expedite your request. (Required)
- Enter a “ballpark” dollar estimate of your project budget in the “Project Budget” field, noting that a Project Manager (once assigned) will work with you to determine an actual project budget. (Required)
- Enter the 13-digit account string (also known as the “LAFS”) in the “Account” field using the format “x-xxxxxx-xxxxx-x” (Location-Account-Fund-Sub). We cannot accept LVP accounts. (Required to fund Project scoping activities)
- Enter a “Desired Completion Date”, noting that a Project Manager (once assigned) will work with you to determine an actual completion date.
- If you wish to include an attachment which can be a photo or document file (maximum 4 MB), under the heading “Attachment” click the “Choose File” button to locate and select the attachment.
- When all the field values have been entered, click the green “Submit Request” button at the bottom of the form.
After you have entered the information needed to process your request, click the green “Submit Request” button at the bottom.
You will then receive a “PIF Request Confirmation” page similar to this one:
Note the text message at the top:
“PIF Request 20209529” is the WebTMA PIF Request ID Number used for tracking purposes (not a billing number). This is followed by the Building Number (437) and the Area/Room Number (0111). When this PIF Request is “accepted”, you will receive an acknowledgement email with additional information.